Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Real Estate Catalogue

When i was a small boy... when i was a magazine designer...

http://www.balthaus.lv/ In 2005 i took a part in producing of a Real Estate Catalogue (twice a year). More than 270 pages. It had a lot of financial articles, tables with important information and so on... I had to create all object's and paragraph styles from a very beginning.
Four designers prepared ads, images for me. I had to compile all of them in one ready-to-print catalogue. Since that catalogue sometimes had to have 3 languages on the same page we had to use OpenType fonts like Myriad Pro and Times New Roman. They handle Unicode characters.




I had to prepared this catalogue for print just for 3 weeks. And you know authors bring their articles very late, at the very end. Once I had to work with our editor till 4 a.m due to tight deadlines.


That catalogue had 3 languages: English, Russian, Latvian.The main cover was covered with Spot UV varnish. I used Adobe InDesign 2. In my opinion, already at that time InDesign provided more convenient tools to work with tables than Adobe PageMaker7 or CorelVentura. But during that project i met following problem - i couldn't create document with over 240 pages in one indd-file. That problem was fixed in next version of InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment