Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

My own Puzzle Game with 5 pictures (+ 1 prize game)


The developing of this game took only two days. It has 280 lines of code. And I still didn't finish the work with a timer. I need to add the "Pause" button as well. The main problem was the lack of knowledge about .mouseChildren command (It works with events propagation).



        puzzle.mouseEnabled = true;      
        puzzle.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, onDrag);
        puzzle.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, onDrop);
        puzzle.mouseChildren = false;

This application has 348 Kb size and uses 89% of CPU when you play a prize Game due to having 48 interactive animations.



I added the snapping with a precision equal to 5 pixels.

    isPosition = (currentPuzzle.x <= (endX + precision)) &&
                 (currentPuzzle.x >= (endX - precision)) &&
                 (currentPuzzle.y <= (endY + precision)) &&
                 (currentPuzzle.y >= (endY - precision));
               
    if (isPosition == true) {
        currentPuzzle.x = endX;
        currentPuzzle.y = endY;
        stopDrag();
        currentPuzzle.mouseEnabled = false;   
        puzzlesLeftCount--;

    }

I used my own pictures and a Puzzles Die Cut Mock-Up from my previous work (10 years ago).
This application published for Flash Light 4. I wanna check how it looks on the smartphones.

1 comment:

  1. Now I can say I applied the wrong approach in development of this game since I didn't used Bitmap and BitmapData classes as a result one picture was repeated many times (one picture for each puzzle piece).

    ReplyDelete