Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

One big poster in several stages of work.

It was a big (B1) poster for The Russian Theater of Roman Viktyuk. The play "The maids" in Latvian National Opera in Riga (Latvia). You can see some parts of that play onYouTube: http://youtu.be/iI4dYWRISxk Here I want to show the stages of that poster producing.

1.Stage. Incoming... assets. It was A4 flyer with scratches and creasing line after folding.

2. I have scanned it with 1200 ppi (pixel per inch). 
  


3. Scanned images from printed materials have one big problem: a moiré pattern (pronounced more-ay). (For more details you can read on here: http://www.scantips.com/basics06.html ). I had to remove a moiré pattern (the halftone screen) from the scanned image. I applied 1-pixels-size Gaussian Blur and decrease resolution of image several times. (I didn't use the integrated descreen filter at that time).





4. Image search for background (The customer would like to see some classic fine art at the backgorund).
5. Image processing. I wanted to create an eye-catching design in bright hot shades.
6. In addition, I added fire elements and a glow around the actors.
7. Last thing was text information.

No comments:

Post a Comment